Romseyredhead

Thursday, October 21, 2004

It's blogging war! Oh no it isn't!

A chunk of the morning has been wasted in dealing with the press who wanted me to comment on my political opponents press release which accused me of personal attacks on her.
A case of the kettle calling the pot black methinks.
My staff have read every posting on her blog and been irritated by the many snide comments (frequently aimed at me) on it. I commented yesterday that there might be an opportunity to compare two blogging candidates in the lead up to the next election.
It seems I spoke too soon as her blog has disappeared and by strange coincidence the square on the local Tory website, linking to "Caroline's Diary" has been removed.

It will be interesting to see if it reappears - and if it has whether it has been edited in any way.

She is quite right when she says that the public are turned off personal attacks in politics but there are occasions when comparisons of viewpoints are legitimate. No one occupies the moral high ground in this arena but I am torn between ending this blog in one of two ways.

"People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

or "If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen"