Romseyredhead

Monday, May 02, 2005

Church Meeting at All Saints

Having been up at 5:30 my energy levels were probably not at their peak. The last time I was at All Saints church it was a celebratory affair and everyone was dressed up as Saints. I have a reaonable memory for faces but not many seemed familiar. As I introduced myself to person after person - who looked blankly at me when I mentioned the Church and whose body language was not the most welcome it dawned on me that the Tories had suggested that the Party Faithful came to the meeting.
If any minds were changed on that evening it was probably to convert Conservative voters to UKIP but suspicions were confirmed during coffee when a member of the regular congregation mentioned how few people she recognised and wondered where they were all from.
Ph well, it keeps them from delivering newsletters!