Romseyredhead

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Reduce the Risk

As I am a parliamentary champion for Cancer UK I popped in at the launch of their awareness campaign last night. Key messages are to exercise more, stop smoking, stay out of the sun, eat proper food and drink less alcohol. So I was curious to see what the catering would be like. Am pleased to report that there were lots of sticks of raw vegetables but it is not clear whether the dips were high or low fat. The organisers had decided that an alcohol free reception was going a bit far but had organised an exercise bike. I was making mental notes of congratulations and then realised that it was there for a photo opportunity.
Yes - I did have a go but I noticed a slightly sadistic tendency on the part of the photographer. The more overweight an MP was the faster he was exhorting them to pedal!