Romseyredhead

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Oy, People, Leave my kids alone!

Politicians rapidly develop a thick skin ( But I am afraid to say that we still sometimes bleed) but few people give a thought to what it must be like if your mum or dad is a politician.

During the by election we had abusive phone calls to the home and my kids were on the receiving end of some of them. They learn to stick up for themselves at school etc but also feel that they "can't get into trouble" (good -says mum).

So, why the heck should my son have to put up with someone haranguing him about MP expenses? Especially when son knows that the consequence of my election means that I have been around less and he is not noticeably richer or supplied with more computer games!

By all means have a go at me - but leave my kids alone!