Romseyredhead

Friday, December 10, 2004

Husky!

My voice has now recovered after being very croaky for a few days but the husky in question was a rather gorgeous puppy dog which was part of the props for a WWF photoshoot to highlight the problems of global warming.

Ended up having a fascinating chat (she did most of the talking) with a young woman who has her own huskies and is an Arctic explorer. She was telling me that she has been travelling through the area for some years and always seeks local knowledge to establish which are the safest paths. The knowledge has been handed down from generation to generation and has been constant over many years. She told me that there has been a distinct and very noticeable change over the past seven years and previously safe paths are now vast expanses of water. She was clearly very worried by the whole thing - and so was I after I had finished talking to her.