Romseyredhead

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Keeping in touch

Spent part of the morning with some of the Valley Park and North Baddesley councillors. It is important to keep a perspective on local issues because local councils have such an effect on everyday lives. I feel much better informed about those parts of the constituency where there are Lib Dem councillors even though I have regular meetings with Council Leaders and Officers.

The job is made particularly difficult in the Romsey constituency because my patch covers part of four Councils. Test Valley Borough Council, Eastleigh Borough Council, Southampton City Council and Hampshire County Council.

At one stage I had councils of every political colour so if they all complained to me about the same issue then I knew that there was a problem and not just party politicking.