Romseyredhead

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Running on gas

To Longstock to have a ride in a vehicle that is fuelled on compost!! Expecting a small, underpowered vehicle I was surprised to find a bright yellow people carrier. I was so impressed I would have liked to have taken it off for use as a campaign vehicle but as there are no refuelling options currently it was not a sensible course of action.

I have become quite interested in the potential of farm and household waste as a potential for energy generation ever since a gentleman attended my surgery and handed me a bag of a strange black substance and asked me to guess its origin. The things you can do with pig manure!

Sadly, it proved a hard task to interest local councils in the scheme and I have my suspicions why this should be so but it is difficult to prove them. If you want to read more about the work that is going on on renewable energy then click here