Romseyredhead

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Launching into Cyberspace

It is with a certain amount of trepidation that I embark on this web log and I hope I haven't disappointed anyone who thinks they might be on a fast track to Charlie Dimmock. I will freely admit that the good people at Gidleywatch have a lot to do with the decision - which hasn't been an easy one.

My office staff didn't want me to do it because they like Gidleywatch and can't wait for updates.

My Constituency Organiser didn't want me to do it because he couldn't see the point.

But it has been a strange experience being cyberstalked even though Gidleywatch is friendly so I have decided that my own voice will be added to the many who already whisper on the world wide web.

I have thought long and hard about the purpose of this blog and I suppose I want to do two things.
Firstly - give a bit of an insight into all of those local things an MP does but does not necessarily press release or put on the web site.

Secondly - a female MPs perspective of Parliament.

I would also add that I have no intention of making this a sort of cyper-pseuds corner. There is no point in producing a blog if it is not honest and open but politicians are wary beasts because we are all hostages to fortune and we don't want to give our opponents ammunition.

So here goes............